Sunday, February 7, 2016

Negative darkroom editing

Negative darkroom editing



alternative photography com
www.alternativephotography.com



MAGNUM PHOTOS DARKROOM MAGIC | THE GENESIS OF PHOTOSHOP & LIGHTROOM

Darkroom manipulation


Photographie 8 The portrait of Henri Cartier-Bresson captured by Bob Henriques during Martin Luther King’s march on Washington








Ben Horne: Contemporary Large Format Landscape & Nature ... photography

Ben Horne - youtube

https://benhorne.wordpress.com

My philosophy is to get to know the location before even bringing my camera with me into the wilderness. I will often spend several days at each location so I can experience sunrise, sunset, and the way that the light falls on the land. This allows me to formulate how best to capture the beauty of a scene. Without doing this, I find myself very intimidated by the beauty of a location, and feel that I am not capable of truly capturing the essence of a location... 

... 
shot on 8x10 film, and a few of my earlier images were shot on 4x5 film ...



IQ180 Vs. 8X10 film article






No cropping? LOL.
Here's Henri Cartier-Bresson's original negative of his famous "Behind the Gare St. Lazare",
aka "man jumping a puddle"
photo:

after





Picasso original



Picasso cropped



Dimensions: 500 × 640 (0.3 MP)





The Past "Photography" the Future "Imagery" Not for ME!

dictatorial nonsense


Where did it all begin?


Sand Creek Lakes - Not your normal wedding photoshoot


Scanning and Editing Color Negative FIlm

Luminosity Masks and Film Scans



Backpacking with a 4x5 Camera

Color Film Choices for Landscapes


First Impressions with the Fuji G617 Panoramic Camera



negative film processing







.photo











Contact Sheet: Hendrix



V-J Day in Contact Sheets




Comparing Digital and Large Format

My Photographic Journey: (Ep.10) Comparing Digital and Large Format Technique
[Ben Horne]




Digital vs. Film - Canon 5D Mark II vs. Kodak Ektar 35mm "Pound for Pound, Pixel for Pixel"













No comments:

Post a Comment